Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy L'Halloween!

So yesterday was Halloween (or "L'Halloween", as I like to say). Now, I have to say, I haven't been this excited about L'Halloween since I was a kid!

To prepare...I bought a couple of masks, and a mini top hat, to go along with my "Lady Gaga" costume. It's not really a Lady Gaga costume, but I thought it was cute. I carved a pumpkin (with the Michael Jordan symbol, for my husband). I bought a sparkly purple skull decoration for our door and oodles of candy and chips to hand out. I made up special bags of goodies for the kids we know who were coming by. I even made my famous shmoo cupcakes for any friends who also happened to pass by. All this, just to wear my "Very Lady Gaga" Boots.

This made me think of my previous costumes as a kid. Does anyone remember those plastic costumes with those masks that just attached to your head with a stretchy string? The masks basically only had cut outs for your eyes and mouth. Then one year, because I was so obsessed with "Sound of Music" I decided I was going to be a nun (I mean, for L'Halloween). That actually was one of my best costumes. My mom made my habit and I had a black choir robe and a rosary. It was hard to look cool dancing in our classroom party though. Another year, I was obsessed with Michael Jackson (and who wasn't, in those days?). I had gotten that "Thriller" jacket and wore that, with one white glove (obviously). I also wore Converse hi-top chucks with bandanas tied around my leg because I was also a "break dancer"! I walked around with my ghetto blaster ready to do some popping & locking! My sister was Boy George that year, and it worked out because I had "Karma Chameleon" on the cassette tape, in case she needed to do some dancing and lip syncing. LOL.
Beyond that I can't really remember any other costumes I had. I guess they weren't as good. Or after my triumph as an "MJ breaker", I had reached the pinnacle of costumes and I didn't bother trying anymore. Well whatever the reason, L'Halloween never really interested me anymore until this year! Oh, Lady Gaga, thank you for bringing me back to life!

PS. We didn't end up having a lot of kids come by to trick or treat. (BOO!) Now I have all these leftovers. Good thing I bought the treats that I like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment