Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gone with the Wind!

Doesn’t it just seem like yesterday we were sitting on the steps, tanning on our lunch breaks enjoying the summer sun and now suddenly we’re all huddled into our jackets trying to walk through gale force winds while the turning leaves whip us in the face? What the heck? Whatever happened to lovely, sunny autumn days where you’re walking through the park with the leaves on the trees all yellows, oranges and browns and everything is picturesque while you parade around wearing lovely suede boots, a stylish fall coat and a smart little hat? Where is the “Fall” of my daydreams? Clearly not here. It went from hot sunny days to dreary, windy days, with no hint of the lovely transition I’ve envisioned in my mind for all my lovely September outfits. The weather report, as usual is a big fat lie. For example, yesterday the weather report stated it would be a beautiful 19 degrees. As we went for our usual 10:32 am coffee run, freezing our butts off, we begged to differ. Mother Nature, definitely does whatever the hell she wants. You would think being a woman she would understand that these “winds gusting to 50” don’t work with my hair and drizzling rain is the enemy of suede boots no matter how much protector you spray on it. Then again I suppose I don’t do too much parading outside anyways. I’m more of a “cab to curb” girl. (Where cab = the bus). The weather is never what it looks like on tv or the magazines, except maybe in places like New York or Paris. Ah, New York in the fall…or Paris in the springtime…sounds like something out of a movie.

Anyways…

NYFW (New York Fashion Week) just ended and LFW (London) has begun. I love seeing the street style photos of the attendees. How I wish to one day be part of that, attending the shows, all the while putting on a show of my own as I dash from one show to the next with a little Celine bag here, with a little Prada shoe over there and a dash of Valentino thrown in for good measure. Ah…to be part of that is my dream. Maybe one day…

For now, I will have to be content parading from work to Tim Horton’s during our coffee runs hoping that one day a street style photographer will capture my image as I dodge traffic and those pesky leaves that keep blowing into my face.

is it still smizing if your eyes are closed?
 Also thanks to my girlfriends (Melis and Mar) who agreed to go along with my cockamamie ideas of a "windy photoshoot".



No comments:

Post a Comment