Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh you Fancy, huh?

So this past weekend I got glam-ified!

After many months of just thinking about it, I finally went to get my eyelash extensions! I absolutely love them! I find myself blinking more (but only because I want to attract attention to them. LOL). The process wasn't too bad actually and there were only a few times I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Haha! No really, after forcing myself to get through a couple of instances of itchiness, the final product was well worth it. I'm still getting used to NOT rubbing my eyes, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the "come hither" look it's giving me. So much easier than the usual falsies I attempt to put on and so well applied that you can't even really tell that they're extensions! I totally recommend them if you are lacking in the long luscious eyelash department like I am. It's like those cartoon characters with the long eyelashes, that make that "ding, ding, ding!" sound when they flutter them. Seriously, me and my friend (who came with me to get hers done as well) have been batting our eyelashes all weekend.

Also, I got my hair did on Friday evening - I'm now my "evil twin" (this is what I always say when I get my hair color darker for the fall). Gone are my Spring/Summer 2010 blond highlights - they are now replaced with a nice rich cinnamon brown, which I'm enjoying...though I do miss my fun highlights...I may have to re-visit them in February! My hairstylist girl does a fantastic job on  my hair color, but for some reason, she doesn't want to cut it...perhaps it's because I was saying I wanted to grow it...but still. I figured since I'm going to NY, I needed an "edgy" haircut! So I got the girl who did my eyelashes, to just give me a quick haircut at the back too! I don't know how edgy it actually is, but I love it. It's just the right amount of angles I want. I figured I needed a new look for New York!

On Sunday, my sister also taught me some eyeshadow techniques. She's been getting really good at doing eye make-up and has shared some of her expertise with me. I just need some more make-up brushes. (My husband is asking - how many brushes does one person need?! The answer is A lot.) I also need all of the colors she uses. That's only - what - $50.00 on eyeshadow?! Yikes. Okay, maybe just one for now...

I haven't gotten my nails done yet, but I'm absolutely LOVING the Joe Nail Polish from Superstore right now! It goes on smoothly and stays on for a long time, they have very stylish colors, the top/base coat is in one bottle AND, you can get 3 for $10.00. You can't really beat that with a bat.

Man, it ain't cheap being a girl. But it sure is fun!

2 comments:

  1. Instead of eyelash extensions, I figured it would be more practical to get a new eyelash curler to replace my old one. I was cheap and bought one for $3, and now, instead of my lashes curling in a gentle and elegant slope, they are at true 90 degree right angles. At least I can use them for geometry?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charz!! You should invest in a Shu Uemura Eyelash curler! That's what all the cool people use.

    ReplyDelete