Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yeah, let's not do that one again...

So I finally watched the "Rocky Horror Glee Show" episode tonight. And I kind of really didn't care for it! Perhaps it's because I really don't care for the Rocky Horror Picture Show or whatever it's called. I never understood it and I never really cared to watch it. Apparently it's supposed to be extremely significant and provocative, but...yeah, I still don't care for it.

Anyways, because I don't like to not like something for the sake of not liking it, I decided to Wikipedia it so I could actually find out what it was about. Did you know it is "one of the most well-known and financially successful movies of all time"? I didn't, though I did know that it was one of those "Cult Classic" movies. Unfortunately, none of this matters because even after reading and learning about it (which usually intrigues me)...I STILL don't care for it. And putting it into Glee, still didn't change my mind. In fact, I was not excited about it at all when they were previewing it. I don't know what the hype was all about. I was already annoyed when I saw the lips (which btw, I think were Quinn's) singing at the beginning. I mean I understand it's their L'Halloween show, but couldn't they have just done a remake of Thriller instead? Or something?

I did, however, think Finn was cute in those nerd-y glasses and Rachel wasn't as annoying! And even though I didn't like the songs, I thought Finn's voice was really good. Yes, I'm a Finn-Fan. And John Stamos...ah,yes! Uncle Jesse is back with a vengeance. I vote for more singing on his part! You know something funny? When I first got infatuated with Finn, my sister was like "I don't think he's THAT cute. He looks like he has man-boobs". I was offended and totally DEFENDED Finn. "He doesn't have man-boobs! It's just his shirt!" Anyways, I did notice at the beginning of this season he looked more toned. So in this episode when they were talking about how he had to be in his tighty-whiteys, and he was all nervous about it, I felt like it was a wink to everyone who thought he had man-boobs! He was insecure about showing his body, but then he did, and I didn't see any man-boobs!!! I do protest to his use of those yucky off white boxers though. Seriously, they should have put him in crisp, white, boxer briefs. Have mercy.

So, to all of you who enjoyed this episode, perhaps you could enlighten me? Tell me the significance of it all? I still don't understand what all the hype was about? Has everyone watched this movie? Does everyone know these songs? Is everyone supposed to know these songs? Is this a "must watch" movie or my life will be incomplete type of thing? I dunno. Personally, I think it insists upon itself.

Anyways, the upcoming episode looks better. The girls are singing "Livin on a Prayer". 'Nuff said.

1 comment: