Friday, October 8, 2010

"Cryyyyy-ing Over You"

So I think I have finally, finalized my outfits for my big trip to New York. Ideally, I would have wanted to have a nice big, poufy, tulle skirt a la “Carrie in the opening credits of SATC”. Alas, it is not to be. (Though, if I see one there, I’m gonna get it...Maybe.)

I have opted to try and be a mix of simple, stylish and comfortable. I’ve tried not to bring my whole closet (just half!), but I have to remember that I will also be shopping (as if I could forget) so I suppose if I have to, I can wear my new purchases. For some reason though, I hardly ever like wearing stuff I just bought right away. However, this may be the time to do so (especially if I run out of clothes to wear!). Hm… I dunno. I can’t stand cutting the tags off right away. What if I change my mind and need to return it?

In my family, if you wear something new right away, my dad calls it “Crying in the Rain”. I never really knew why he said that. But I guess it means that you’re so excited to wear or use something new, that you’ll wear/use it even if it’s raining (and it will possibly get ruined – so it’s “crying”). Haha! I never really thought about it until today. My dad is funny.

One of my sisters-in-law, when she’d get a new purse, she would do the “change over” of stuff immediately. I mean, she’d be walking to the cash till to pay for the bag, and her stuff would already be in it. That’s for sure “cryin”! She saw it, she loved it, she bought it. No regrets. I’m the opposite. There are very few times when I’m absolutely sure that I want to buy something. Many times I’ll buy things because I’m sure it’s fate (ie. The Perpel Dress) or because it’s the last thing in my size (ie. The VLG boots) and if I don’t get it, I’ll regret it forever. My brother-in-law calls me the “Queen of Returns”. I’ll buy things, but I’ll leave the tags on (just in case I need to return them) and I’ll hardly ever wear them right away. The item will usually sit in my closet forever waiting for the perfect occasion. Like, my Perpel Dress. Yeah, its still hangin there…but oh, I would have been SO depressed, had I left it in the store, when it so obviously was crying out for me to bring it home! (I’m sure an occasion will come when I will finally cut the tags and wear it!)It’s there, along with my VLG boots. I know what you’re thinking… “She still hasn’t worn those?” Well, let me tell you why:

1) When I bought these wonderful suede boots, it was the dead of winter, so Hellz Naw was I going to ruin them stomping around in the snow.
2) I couldn’t wear them in Spring/Summer because Hello! They are so obviously not a summer shoe.
3) I don’t have a Lady Gaga outfit to wear with them yet…and
4) They are really kind of high…I will probably fall and break my ankle.

Hm…I suppose I didn’t ACTUALLY need these boots…but that salesguy did say they were so “very Lady Gaga”! So I couldn’t very well return them! Anyways L’Halloween is coming up – I can wear them while giving out candy to the kids…I mean, when else am I gonna wear these ridiculous boots??!!

Perhaps poppin tags right away is a better way to go?! It shows that I have no regrets, and that I DO actually need what I buy, thereby proving that I really “can’t live without it!” To that end, I’ve decided that if the Shopping gods bless me with a “Day of Lucky” in NY, then I will for sure be “crying in the rain”.

Besides, I probably won’t be able to return it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment