Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Fall Fab 10 Wishlist...

So I was just sitting here thinking about clothes (yes, what else is new?) and I happened to see an email regarding a major fall trend: fur (Or at least faux fur!). This reminded me of Zara in Edmonton where I saw this faux fur vest and I was hard-core coveting it until I showed it to my sister, who totally kaiboshed it. BOO. She took one look at me and said "Really?". But now that I'm thinking about it...I really want it. I mean, who knows when or where I would wear it, but I believe that we all need at least one outrageous piece of fashion in our closets. Don't you? And now that I know that it's going to be big for fall, I'm just kicking myself for not getting it!! It was actually pretty nice, it had kind of a flowy cut-away vibe to it and I swear if I see it again, I'm SO getting it. Damn it!

Anyways, so scouring my favorite fashion blogs and shopping websites, I've come up with my own Fall WishList.

1. That fur vest from Zara obvi...I think it would look good with everything from jeans, to dress pants. Yes.
2. Oxfords. And not those flimsy, ballet-ish ones. I want nice wing tips. Menswear-ish inspired, but still lady-like and fashionable. I know they're out there.
3. A camel coat/jacket. Preferably in a swing/peacoat type design. This over some slim black pants and black top (or dark grey monochrome outfit). Very sleek!

4. Red driving gloves. I just happened to watch this show called Gok Fashion Fix or something or other and he made up this outfit which I totally got inspired by and now I want red gloves.
5. This YSL clutch.

6. Anything gunmetal grey (or pewter): pants, sweaters, tops, etc...
7. Leopard print something. (a good leopard print though, not the cheapy-cheapy kind, if you know what I mean?) I'm thinking either a shoe, scarf or gloves and preferably something with texture. Garance Dore said she loved her leopard print flats because "since they go with nothing, they go with anything..." So true. (PS. I ADORE Garance Dore and her blog. She's totally my idol).
8.  Those teal boots from a previous post.
9. This Hermes bag: (and it's even my FAVE color Perpel!)
10. Nail polish in taupe-ish, khaki-ish, brown-ish, mauve-ish colors. I'm digging Merino Wool and Chinchilly from Essie and Metro Chic and Already Famous from Sephora by OPI.

I just talked to my sister. She still thinks I'm ridiculous for wanting that fur vest. Perhaps I am.

But then again, it's MY totally fab life. So there.

1 comment:

  1. Gok's Fashion Fix!!! Is that show still on? It was my favourite - esp. the Alexa Chung interviews with designers.

    I like 1, 2, 5, 9, and 10.

    Lulu got a really nice faux fur high collar vest from Value Village for $20 last summer.

    ReplyDelete