Monday, August 9, 2010

Pre-Fall Preview: Jewel Tones

Wow, I can't believe it's already August. In a few weeks it will be September and fall will soon be upon us. But you know what this means?! Back-to-School Clothes! I just love seeing those back-to-school commercials. They're so fun and upbeat and it almost makes you want to go back to school because it looks like so much fun! It also reminds me of going to Grand Forks to buy school supplies and Trapper-Keepers and "first day of school" outfits. (FYI, I can tell you what outfit I wore on the first day of school from Grade 7 up to 1st year University. If you don't believe me, I can list them for you...)

Even though I haven't been in school in like, FOREVER, I still love the feeling of "starting" a new year. Right now, I'm getting inundated with emails of "Pre-Fall wear" and "the top 10 trends for fall". Whenever I think of fashion for fall I always think of jewel tones, greys, browns, corduroy, and plaid. It's all very "Love Story" Jenny and Oli. (BTW, have you seen this movie? It's a classic tear jerker! Seriously. "Love means never having to say you're sorry..." I'm tearing up already!) Anyways...

In keeping with the jewel tone theme of fall, I am currently obsessed with these teal colored boots. (Wait - could teal be considered a "jewel tone" if there are not really any teal jewels?) Well, whatever. It seems to be in the same color palette as burgundy, or hunter green. Anyhoo... I'm SO loving the color. How do we feel about these? Maybe under a pair of dark jeans, a grey wool sweater shawl, a plaid newsboy cap and a "I see you admiring my Teal colored boots" look?? That would be an awesome "first day of school" outfit. Too bad I'm not in school...

However, for these boots, I would consider going back!

1 comment: