Monday, February 13, 2012

Sometimes the cutting edge of fashion is too sharp.

I forgot to tell you guys! Last week, I bought the most amazing dress. Seriously. It is amazeballs. It’s totally Issey Miyake-esque, totally avant garde and totally unique. It’s silky yet structured and it could be worn a number of different ways. The feature I loved the most was that it had a part that looked like it could be a hood, or worn as a hood, but when it was down, it wasn’t a hood, it was just some good draping. I just feel so “on the cutting edge of fashion” when I put it on…There are so many ways to wear it!

check out my "concentrating on taking a picture" face
This Saturday, I went out for lunch to Asia City for the $5.00 lunch special with my sister and nephew. While we were eating lunch my parents came in to take advantage of the lunch special as well (the special was ending at 2:00pm and they made it there with 3 minutes to spare! LOL) They had just come from the mall and my mom was excited to tell us what she bought. (FYI, there is no question where we get our love of shopping from!) They had just booked a cruise and of course she had to go out and buy something to wear for it. She was particularly excited about an outfit she bought from BCBG. She kept saying “It’s SOOOO nice!! I’m going to wear it on my cruise! The color is perfect! The style is so different!” So we were excited to see what she got. My dad brought it in and as I unzipped the garment bag, and caught a glimpse of the color...I knew.

My mom bought the same freaking dress as me.

My sister and my dad couldn’t stop laughing. My dad was all “now you and your mom have a uniform!” OMG.

I guess I really am my mother’s daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment