Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Google "the Brady Bunch" theme song...(so you know the tune...)

Bonjour my totally fab friends! I'm sorry I haven't been posting so much lately. You probably aren't even reading anymore, what with my unpredictable posting style. I went from blogging daily, to just the weekdays, to 3-4x a week, to once a week! Hmm...I was crowing about the weather the other week saying it was too hot to blog, but now I suppose I don't have an excuse. Truthfully the reason is that my totally fab life hasn't been overly fab lately. Not that anything bad has happened, its just that nothing too exciting has been happening. I'm busy with a big move at work (which means I don't have time to be stealth, heh heh) and other than that I've been crazy planning my Vegas outfits. Everyday. I changed my outfits many times. However, I think I have my final outfit spreadsheet finally filled out. Yes, I said spreadsheet. In fact, this morning I was thinking about my blog and the theme to the Brady Bunch popped into my head, except instead of "Here's the story, of a lovely lady, who was raising three very lovely girls. They all had golden hair, like their mother, the youngest one in curls..." my version went a little like this "Here's the story, of eleven outfits, they were going to Las Vegas in three weeks. There were leggings and "one-shoulders" and even sequins, they all looked very chic". (haha, I'm so silly). BTW, before you say chic doesn't rhyme with weeks, it totally does because chic is pronounced "sheek" (and if you already knew that, I apologize. I'm really only writing it for myself, because when I read it, it looks like chic (pronounced "chick")... If you know what I mean. Anyhooo....
Yes! My outfits are almost complete AND I think I may even be able to get the shoes to go with all of the evening outfits! How exciting! Of course, now that I am low on the funds (on account of saving for Vegas), EVERYTHING and their dog is on sale. Why is that? It never fails. The amount of liquid (ie. cash) you have available is inversely proportional to the availability and price of the thing you want to buy. (ie. When you have no cash, the thing you want to buy is on a ridiculous sale and everything is in your size and when you do have cash, nothing you want is on sale and if there is something you want, they don't have your size.) Yeah. It's irritating. So here's what I need to pick up to complete my Vegas 2010 summer outfits: black "harem" capri pants (found the perfect ones, my size, but alas, not on sale), perpel printed strapless draped top (I figure I need this so as not to have a farmer tan, however, also not on sale), and black David Dixon cut out shoes (to go with all the evening outfits, on sale, and will hopefully still have my size!). But...
Perhaps this outfit planning is ridiculous though. Apparently this Sunday in Vegas it will be +40. Ugh. I don't think my outfits are conducive to such high heat. I will probably end up only wearing my bathing suit. Everywhere.

UGHHHH noooo...

2 comments:

  1. WOWEE! How many outfits could you possibly wear for vegas?! jk. But I'm interested in seeing or reading what your outfits are! Another Vegas post perhaps?

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo true re: cash to sale ratio!
    i've been checking out the weather network and have noted that vegas was +42 today! omg. you may want to consider adding hats and/or a parasol to your ensembles!!!

    ReplyDelete