Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4 days...

Well today is the last day of a 4-day weekend. This weekend seemed to go by at a nice, slow and leisurely pace so instead of just 4 days it seemed to be more like a week! Strange, considering 2 day weekends go by in a flash. (Reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory in his Flash costume racing around their apartment saying "zoom! zoom! zoom!". LOL. BTW, did anyone else catch the BBT marathon on Comedy Central this weekend? Hilare! I just love those geeks. haha.) Anyways, I haven't done this in awhile, so how about a weekend recap? I have to talk about my fab life sometimes don't I?

So Thursday evening ( which in my younger days, used to be known as "the biggest bar night of the year", and actually I'm sure still is...however, I haven't been to the bar in ages, so I can't be certain) my cousins all came over. Their exams were done, we still had their XBox Kinect hooked up from last time and they had just bought the MJ Dance Central. Our place was the obvious place to go. My cousins are always scheming to come over (not that I mind of course! They're pretty awesome. Shout outs! lol) and this night was no exception. So we ordered pizza and chicken and hung out dancing to MJ and regular Dance Central. Always good times.

On Friday we got up early to go to church and miracle of miracles, were actually on time! After the service we went out for Vietnamese with the whole family to this restaurant called Thanh Kieu (You're welcome.). There are always 2 big tables when my whole family goes out: the "Olds" table (which includes my parents, aunts and uncles) and the "Youngs" table (which includes the rest of us). I'm gonna hate it when I have to go to the Olds table one of these days! However, I do have to say, the food that the Olds ordered at their table looked really good. And they got served first. So perhaps there is something to being older and wiser. Our table ordered individual meals (like vermicelli bowls and soup). I had the shrimp rolls but since the rest of the table wasn't strictly adhering to the no-meat thing (My husband told my cousins that it was okay to eat meat after 12:00) they enjoyed bbq pork and stuff like that. It looked delicious. Everytime we go for Vietnamese we also like to have pho. So trying to stick to the no-meats rule, I ordered pho without the meat. Eh. Note to self: you definitely need meat in pho.

Afterwards we went home and decided to finally watch "The Fighter" on PPV. It was good, albeit frustrating at times. After that, we watched the Laker game (which thankfully they won!). At the end of the night it was fun to know there were still 3 more days off!

Saturday morning I went to get my eyelashes done. I'm addicted to having my eyelashes done. ("I feel so pretty, picture-perfect beautiful...ooh oh. Click Flash...") then we went to have some REAL pho (with meat!) and a vermicelli bowl (with bbq pork!) at Asia City. You cannot beat their $5.00 lunch special! From 11am-2pm, you get a choice of 6 things for $5.00. It's pretty awesome. After that we went to Polo. Which I NEVER usually do on a weekend because 1) I'm pretty much there throughout the week, after work and 2) everyone and their dog is out and about and I hate big crowds of people in MY mall. Especially people who stop in the middle of the walkway because they're lost or talking to someone they know. I know you wanna stop and talk, but would it kill you to move to the side?! Amateurs. They don't know mall etiquette. I could teach a course.

Anyways after that we decided to do some Epicure deliveries and on the way I saw something amazink:

What?! Is this really true? I can't believe it!!! First, Forever 21, now this?! Yay, Winnipeg!

Anyhoo, we were on our way to deliver to my friend Abbey's new house (which btw, is gorgeous!) It's in fancy shmancy Waverly West. Also I have to say that 3D tv is pretty COOL. After one more delivery to Southdale, we headed home to chill. That night we had dinner resos at Hermano's. Yum-o!

Dinner @ Hermano's did not disappoint. They had a band and they played cool latin music all night. We decided to order the calamari for apps and it was really good. Tender, lightly breaded and perfectly cooked. A great beginning to our meal. For dinner we ordered paella and the Baby Cabrera, which was an exquisitely grilled Brazilian rib-eye. (Excuse me, I just drooled a little bit) SO delicious!!! The paella came with a corn bread muffin flecked with little bits of green (jalepenos?) and red (chilis?). It had all the usual suspects: chicken, chorizo, shrimp and mussels. The rice was perfectly cooked and the chunks of tomato were fantastic. The rib-eye came with all the fixins: mashed potatoes, grilled red pepper and asparagus and a little bowl of sauteed mushrooms and bacon. BACON. aaaaahhhhh...SO GOOD....The paella was so big that we couldn't finish, but it was okay because we were planning to have their Banana tempura split for dessert...until the server told us they took off the menu. BOOO!! It was the only disappointing thing about our meal. It was delish nonetheless. Hermano's get's a 9.5/10. Yummy!!!

Yesterday was Easter. We were even on our way to church on time. (Well...kind of on time. More like, less late than we usually are). So anyways, we decided to stop at McDonalds drive-thru for a quick muffin and coffee (and bfast burrito) pick-up when I got a call from my dad. Their 4runner broke down somewhere on Inkster! UGHH!!! We were in the middle of drive-thru, so I told him we'd come just as soon as we got through. Of course, it was the longest drive-thru line EVER. Anyways, we finally got through and I guess I wasn't really paying attention to where they were waiting because we drove down Inkster Garden Drive instead of Inkster. Then I called and he was like "Inkster!"

Ugh...so we finally found them and my nephew was all "Tita, tita! The truck got stuck! It's not working!! It's broken Tita!" (He's 2, and he's got a lot to say. He's pretty funny!) Anyways, once we finally got my dad back to the house (luckily they weren't too far and he was able to kind of get the truck back (it kept dying) and we took my mom and nephew with us to church. On the way we heard my current fave song (and my nephew's fave song as well) J.Lo's "On the Floor" playing on the radio. I don't know if it's possible, but I think he loves this song even more than I do! When it was over, he kept saying "Tito, I want to hear it again! I wanna hear "La,la la la la.." (singing) Please, Tito? I wanna hear it again. Please?!" (OMG, so cute, I was even begging my husband to find it again. Alas, it was on the radio and that's always just a crap shoot). Anyways, my husband kept saying "Yes, Micah, what song was it again?" and my nephew would sing the "La, la la la la la la la la...."part. He sang it over and over until we got to church. So hilarious! Even when we walked into church he was still singing and I said to him "Micah! You have to be quiet now, we're in church!" and he said to me "Tita, I'm still SINGING." (and I'm sure he gave me a little bit of an eye-roll).

After church we decided to take him with us to pick up some groceries and chill with him for the afternoon. He asked questions all the way home. My mom had tasked me with giving him a nap so that he could be well rested for our Easter family dinner. First we watched some basketball (he kept saying "Shoot it! Defense!" man, this kid knows more than me!) Then I decided to take him upstairs to the room to finally let him take a nap. He was yawning already, so how hard could it possibly be? Yeah. Can someone please tell me how a 2-year old suckered me into letting him watch Robots AND Kung-Fu Panda...twice? Suffice it to say, this kid did not take his nap. He's pretty fricken smart. And I'm a sucker. Whatevs.

Later we went for dinner at my cousin's new house (which no one thought to give us directions to). Once we got to their area, we ended up driving around for another 1/2 hour - we turned down a street and found my parents (lost, as well) and turned down another street and found one of my uncles and aunts (also lost). Haha! Finally we stopped some people going for a walk to ask them where the street was. We finally found it! (But we lost my parents and aunt & uncle in the process) Anyways, they eventually found it as well but man, that house was a unicorn. The Laker game was on and the whole family ended up watching the last tense few minutes...they lost. Boo.

Which brings me back to today...It was a typical last day of a long weekend. Happy that I had the day off, but knowing it would soon end and I would be going back to the usual...It was nice to have a mini holiday anyways. I hope I didn't bore you too much. But you were probably bored anyways which brought you to reading my post. Anyways, Happy Monday! Now get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment