Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gleecap: It wasn't so amazeballs...

So this week’s long anticipated post hiatus episode of Glee was…meh. For me anyways. That’s probably why it’s taken me so long to write up my Gleecap.

The whole theme of the show, entitled “Night of Neglect” just seemed so depressing and truthfully I didn’t even care. So disappointing because I really was looking forward to it.

Though Sunshine Corazon returned and gave us a pretty good performance of “All By Myself”, I still thought it was lacking in…I dunno. Something? It just seemed so rehearsed for me, as well as when she delivered her lines.
My fave guest star Gwynnie returned as Holly Holiday for perhaps the last(?!) time. It was a swift and bittersweet ending to her and Mr. Schu’s short romance. I so enjoy when she does those characters for history class though! She is amazeballs. (haha)

There were some pretty fantastic moments though…

1) Sue’s League of Doom. I love, love, LOVED the villain names she gave each member: The Pink Dagger, Honey Badger and Sergeant Handsome. Their mission? Break up Will and Holly and heckle the Glee Club at their benefit concert. The best attempt at breaking up Will and Holly was when Sergeant Handsome showed up at the end of Holly’s class, sat down on a desk, spread his legs open and stated “ I’m handsome, I’m good-looking, and I’m easy on the eyes. Also, I’m gorgeous”. HAHA!!! Love it.

2) Unfortunately for the Glee Club not even their parents show up to the concert. However, Kurt and Blaine do come to support. Unfortunately, they run into scary Karofsky in the hall. Blaine gets his tough guy on and gives the bully a shove, but the star in this showdown? Santana, who comes out and pretty much sends Karofsky running away. Her best line? “Oh, and also, I have razor blades hidden in my hair. Tons, just hidden ALL up in there.” Ah Santana, I love her more and more each episode.

3) Mercedes’ playing the quintessential diva. Her demands were pretty awesome. Especially needing a fresh puppy to dry her hands on. Amazing.

So in all, it was not my fave episode, but I can say that I really am looking forward to next week’s 90 minute extended episode which looks like its going to include Gaga!!! (Yeah!!!) and spontaneous mall dancing!! Hopefully it will redeem this disappointing episode. Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment