Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The "Glee-ber" Experience

What did we think of last night’s episode of Glee? For myself – it was “meh”. Nothing compared to their episode last week! This week’s episode saw the return of Emma and Sue, which normally would be something exciting but this week left something to be desired. (Also, where is Dr. Carl, aka Uncle Jesse/John Stamos??! Perhaps he's the thing that was "desired". LOL at my own joke! haha!)

So…it looks like although Sam believes Quinn’s story about “saving” Finn from choking on a gumball, he is worried enough that he might be losing her to him as well. And normally I LOVE Finn, but this week, I was irritated with his scoffing and eye-rolling. Sam as “The Bieber Experience” was funny – he nailed it with the Perpel hoodie and kicks. It was cute (though nothing is as cute as the Biebs!) His rendition of “Baby” was not bad either, but it definitely did not hold a candle to the real thing. The dancing was funny because it was bad, but perhaps it was on purpose? Also it seemed like a lot of the best lines this week revolved around the size of his mouth – “Dude, that hair cut makes your mouth look even bigger” and “Despite the fact that your mouth to face ratio is WAY off, you still somehow manage to look cute”. (LOL, Oh Santana! Also LOL to Sam and his James Earl Jones impression!) Though Sue did rattle off a great one with “We’ve gotta get that girl on the Cheerios!”. Hahaha!! Anyways, back to the Bieber Experience – Sam: “We think this song is an anthem because everything the Bieber does is epic” Artie: “Truth!” (haha!)

I think “Somebody to Love” fared a bit better, if only for Puck’s flicking of his wig and also Mike Chang’s abs, obviously. (I meant dance moves. Yes.)

There was the Diva-off between Rachel and Mercedes singing to “Take me or Leave me” from the musical, Rent, to which my husband (who claims he doesn’t watch) stated “But I thought they were friends?” In the end, Sue’s plan to turn them against each other backfired with the two resident divas ending the song equally admiring of the other’s talent.

I didn’t care for Lauren Zizes’ (is it Zices or Cices or Cizes?) song “I Know What Boys Like”. This is not so much a commentary about her singing as it is a commentary about the song. I really never liked that song (even when it was “in”) so I’m not really surprised I didn’t care for it now either. And seriously, even if she is a big girl, can they not dress her in something a tiny bit more stylish? I’m tired of bigger girls not having anything good to wear. (Seriously, bigger girls also have style, people!) Also, I thought Puck agreed to take things “slow” with her last week and this week, he’s again trying to get into her pants. Enough.

Elsewhere, Rachel has paid Brittany to pretty much start dressing like her (“Sexy School Girl Librarian Chic”) as a new way to gain popularity? to start a new trend or comeback of sorts? I don’t know. It actually kind of works in that the girls in the school end up following Brittany’s new way of dressing. (Those carousel horse sweaters! Where can I get one??) Brittany even states she got photographed and was on the Sartorialist. (LOL) Unfortunately for Rachel, no one believes that this is her style (“Who wears a reindeer on their sweater?!”)

Sue and her dramatic “Sue-icide” was kind of funny (trying to OD on gummy vitamins?!)…but it was touching when Will brought her to sing with the sick kids. (Did I see a little tear in her eye? Aw - I love it when we see glimpses of Sue's human side.) However, I didn’t care for the last song, “Sing” and was confused by the inexplicable lumberjack/plaid outfits (though I did appreciate the plaid adidas track suit and I always heart those fur-lined hats). After this I kind of dozed off a bit (but I’m blaming this on the Day-After Valentime’s Dinner I had earlier) so I’m not sure what transpired – though I did manage to see Sam break up with Quinn and become Santana’s boyfriend (I knew it!). I also heard that Sue became the new director of Aural Intensity which should be interesting too.

I missed seeing Kurt and Blaine this episode and am glad they will be back in next week’s! Until then my fellow Gleeks, as the Biebs would say "Now I'm all gone, gone, gone, I'm gone..."

No comments:

Post a Comment