Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shopping Heaven in Paradise

So yeah, 9 days in Hawaii, 750.00 limit. It was totally doable.


We just didn’t take account the proximity to the mall. It was too easy to just “take a quick jaunt to the mall”!

It had all the big players: Louis, Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, Dior, Burberry, Hermes, Miu Miu, Jimmy and Tory. They had Neiman and Nordstrom and Macy’s (oh my!). They had Coach, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Metropark, Express, Lulu, Gap, Bebe, Forever, Aldo, Nine West and Lacoste and so many more. Whatever store you could think of, they pretty much had.

We were in total shopping heaven. It was overwhelming.

We decided to spread it out and took our time. We thought “We can’t spend all our money in one day!!!” (though it seriously would’ve been easy to.) So the first day we took it slow…

My first stop: Jimmy Choo – I got some fab, fab, FAB flats (for 50% off no less!) The guy who sold them to me was really nice and it was a perfect first place to shop in Hawaii. A good omen of things to come…


 I had already decided beforehand that I wasn’t going to make any “big ticket item” purchases so it was going well for me. I didn’t really have a set wish list either, so there were really no “missions” that I was on. If I found something I liked, I’d buy it.


However, I found too many things I liked!

By the end of the trip, in addition to my J. Choos I got:
2 Tory Burch sweaters, a pair of Calvin Klein jeans, a pair of cool green (“artichoke”) Uggs, Marc Jacob aviators, 2 tops, a pair of harem capris, a skirt and dress from Forever, a scarf, teal leather gloves and a coin purse from Coach, and a Hello Kitty beach towel.

As for the big ticket item I wasn’t supposed to get…

There was a redunk sale at Burberry and Hello?! I got a bag for 50% off! Obvi, I HAD to get it! (But that was my b’day present, so I’m going to say it doesn’t really count).
And even though I wasn't able to completely stay within my limits it was still, all in all, definitely a successful trip to Hawaii.

Oh, and we went to the beach TWICE this time, so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment