Saturday, February 13, 2010

Glee

I've just listened to the playlist of the Glee 1 & 2 CD's and I absolutely LOVE IT. Seriously! It's genius. Okay, I've only watched the first episode of this show and a bit of another show, and I kept wanting to watch it, but I never knew when it was on! (When is it on?) My friends keep telling me that this show is "so my kinds" (which means, it's something I would love) and listening to the songs from the CD, it SO is. (Seriously, when is it on?) I'm not kidding. "Don't Stop Believin" brings tears to my eyes. (Don't be fooled by the scowl on my face - I'm secretly a very emotional and overly sensitive person.) Has anyone watched this show? Can someone tell me about it? I have to go out and buy the CD's AND the first season. No wonder the cast are the darlings of the awards shows this season! They're amazing!!!
Now I'm listening to "On My Own" and yep, tears again! I don't know what it is - maybe its just that I'm so overcome with happiness and emotion? Wow, I'm a total blubbering fool. Then again, whenever I watch "You've Got Mail" and Somewhere Over the Rainbow starts playing at the end, when Cathleen (Meg) finally realizes its Joe (Tom) I'm sniffling already. And also at the end of "Selena" when the first few bars of her song plays at the end and the doctor comes out and tells her family she's dead, and then her husband, who is so overcome with grief... it's so upsetting! I cry every single time. Oh, and what about "A Walk to Remember" when Mandy Moore is walking down the aisle to get married to Landon (what's his name in real life?) because you know that after that, she's dunzo! Tissue, I need tissue. Don't even get me started on Phantom of the Opera, the movie version, when Gerard Butler (?!), who's the Phantom, is singing/crying because all he ever wanted was to be loved (is that SO wrong?!) and Christine picks the fool who can't remember to put his hand at the level of his eye or whatever, so that he doesn't get strangled by the tortured Phantom. And of course, Miss Saigon. When my husband took me to see it, I was just so happy to be watching it, that just hearing the overture and then the sound of those damn helicopters was enough to start the waterworks. But I love it. My heart swells with so much emotion, when I hear music that is so good, that I can't help crying. I can't wait to get those Glee CD's. I hope Kleenex is on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment