Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm going dental mental (what? it rhymes!)

UGH. I'm just SO not in the mood today. I'm just annoyed about everything and everyone. I've been sitting here wondering what it is that is just pissing me off...and I think I've figured it out. It's the fact that I have to go to the fricken dentist today.  I can't stand going to the dentist. I've hated it ever since I was a kid. Sure, it's gotten better - no more awful pink tablets to chew to show where your plaque is or 4-hour "rain coats" that make everything taste like rubber afterwards or cheap plastic rings that are supposed to make you feel better. (Really? A blue happy face is supposed to erase the pain and the drool all over my shirt?!) It's the worst! I hate going to the dentist!!

Although...actually I have to say that my newest dentist is not TOO bad. Its a stylish, modern, little office. The girls at the front are all nice and happy to see you. There are bottles of water and tea available. Free pens! Complementary Wi-Fi. And you get a cute little gift bag after your appointment with a toothbrush, floss, toothpaste and the aforementioned bottle of water. The actual appointment isn't awful either. I mean, they had my last filling done in 10 minutes. It took me longer to get there than the whole appointment! The hygienists are young, hip and nice (Minus the fact that the hygienist LOVES to ask me questions while she has her hands in my mouth and then expects answers to her questions! They aren't even "yes" or "no" questions...but whatever). My dentist is pretty cool. I suppose the whole experience isn't too bad. In fact, it's pretty good.

Hm...perhaps I'm just grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment