Friday, February 12, 2010

Lipstick

So yesterday I went to the mall to pick up my "very lady gaga" boots (yay!) // sidebar: they were the last ones and in my size - best feeling in the world!// Anyways, my sister texted that she was at the mall too, trying on eyeshadows at MAC. So I went down to see her and the girl applying the eye makeup had a perfect shade of perpel lipstick! It was almost a nice deep merlot-y perpel (If you don't know by now, I call most shades of purple, perpel...an explanation is forthcoming in future posts). So I immediately had to try it on - unfortunately, it didn't look merlot-y on me. In fact, it looked more like cooking sherry. No thanks. So she went about trying to find me another color that would suit me because as she said "I love your lips. People with big lips should wear color! I hate it when all they want to wear is nude!" (Thanks, I think.) So she found one for me, it was called Media and I totally loved it. Topped with the Lavender Wind LipGlass and I had the merlot-y look I was looking for. So I went home all happy about it and guess what? I have the same fricken lipstick already in my collection. Not only that, I have another one, that achieves the merlot-y look without the extra LipGlass (that's what MAC calls their lipgloss). So...I guess I will be wearing this color for awhile. Thank goodness for my big lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment