Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about me

I'm loving my "look" today. My hair is cooperating and my lipstick matches my outfit! I'm wearing gun-metal gray pants, black wedge boots and my perpel sweater with 3/4 bell sleeves and a long grosgrain ribbon tie at the back. Love it. I'm going to have to make it a point to walk in front of people at work today (lol).

Isn't it great when you're in a changing room at the store, you try your stuff on and you smile at yourself in the mirror and think "Nice." Yeah, we all do that, don't even try and deny it. That's what I did, when I bought this sweater. I put it on, turned around and admired myself from behind...(because of the ribbon!). I did that until the salesperson called out "Lee, how are you doin in there?" which snapped me out of my reverie. I thought to myself, "What the...how do you know my name?!" Oh yeah, it's because of this new practice of salespeople asking for your name and writing it on the door (sometimes I think I will give them the wrong name and then they'll keep calling me, but I won't answer because I don't know who they're talking to.) Why can't they just leave me alone to try on my stuff? I will call you if I need another size! Don't try and bring me stuff that you think I might like! I would have brought it in myself! And while I'm on the subject of changing rooms, I hate ones that have curtains for doors. I need a door with a lock on it and not one of those, you go out for a minute and it locks you out so you have to actually go back out into the store and call the salesperson to let you back in. A nice simple lock you control yourself, from the inside. And BTW, all dressing rooms should also have full length (3-way, if possible) mirrors INSIDE the them, so you don't get locked out looking for one in the first place. I once went into a dressing room that had a mirror (like a vanity mirror), so you could only see half your body, and it had a desk and stool. Like, am I sitting down to write a letter or something? What is that? And communal dressing rooms -  Really?! You don't need to see me...and I really don't want to see you.

Anyways...I'm not going to let dressing-room rage ruin my day! A good outfit/hair day = a good mood = a good day. So, if you see me today, I will probably be happy. Especially if you let me walk in front of you. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment