Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hat Head.

So every year, around the time the new Fall fashions come out, I always get the urge to top my outfits off with a hat. You know, those cute cloche type hats that are "oh-so ladylike" and look so good with a great coat, leather kid gloves, and a fabulous bag. Something like this:


I love it! How is it possible to wear one of these wonderful outfits, along with the hat, but never have "hat head"? Must you always be outside so you never have to take off your hat? What happens when you want to go inside? Obviously one would have to take off their hat...right? Well I would like to know the trick, because when I wear a hat I get "hat head" instantly! It's so upsetting. Seriously, as soon as I put a hat on, not even a minute later, the hair that was underneath the hat is pressed up against my head, and the hair that wasn't is sticking out so that I look like some kind of inverted fountain. So NOT fashionable. I'm so jaleux of people who can wear hats and not have to worry about their hair!

It's like this girl I met recently whose name completely escapes me (I'm sure someone introduced us, but knowing that I probably wouldn't ever see her again, didn't think I'd need to know her name and therefore consciously decided NOT to remember it. Awful, I know.) Anyways, when she was introduced to me, I distinctly remember she had her hair in a very sleek ponytail. It was definitely not one of those loose and low ponytails that you casually throw your hair into. No, it was definitely one of those slicked back with a fine comb and sitting in the middle-top half of your head type of ponytails. One that if your rubberband broke, you know that lump would look like the humpback of Notre Dame! Well, I was sitting on the other side of the table, engrossed in a conversation regarding tight pants, not really paying attention to the other side of the table where this slicked back ponytail girl was sitting. I didn't notice when she got up to go to the bathroom. That is until she came back to the table, hair OUT of the ponytail, effortlessly sitting straight and nicely framing her face. I had to do a double take - even my husband did, and he leaned over and asked "Wasn't that girl's hair just in a ponytail? How did she get it so straight? Is there a straightener in the girls bathroom?" I was so mesmerized all I could muster was an "I dunno!?" Note, I wasn't mesmerized because the girl turned into some kind of model, I was mesmerized by the fact that this girl's hair did not have even a HINT of a lump. There was not one sign that her hair had been in a ponytail! My husband and I were completely intrigued by this for the rest of the night.

I wish I remembered her name so I could ask her what the secret was to not having ponytail head. I'm pretty sure she doesn't get hat head either. I'm so jaleux!

No comments:

Post a Comment