Friday, September 17, 2010

TGIF.SJP.ALT.OMG.

It’s Friday and I’m pretty useless at work today…I’m in total weekend relaxation mode and lookin forward to a spa evening with my sisters. My thoughts are consumed by everything BUT work.

I currently have that “Oh you fancy huh?” song in my head (“Nails done, hair done, everything did…”). I’m debating whether to get eyelash extensions and if so, when? I’m already stressing about Christmas gifts (However, I’ve already started some Christmas shopping...so I suppose I don't have to be THAT stressed out!)

Also…I’m outfit planning for my trip to my mecca next month: NYC!! (yay!) Actually this week would have been an incredible week to go since it’s Fashion Week! Can you imagine the awesomeness happening over there right now? The celebrities, the icons, and most of all the FASHION. Ah, it’s almost too much for me to comprehend. I think if I was there, I would probably be too overwhelmed and would have to go and find a corner to cry some “tears of fashion” in. Yes. A couple years ago, I read an article in NYmag about some girls who had just seen the first SATC movie and felt the same thing. My sister knows what I’m talking about too. When we had our first trip to San Fran and went into Bloomingdales, we were so overcome by the sheer volume and beauty of it all, we did not know what to do with ourselves. The assault on my senses caused extreme sensory overload. That’s the first time I ever wanted to cry tears of fashion.

I suppose it’s a good thing I’m not there. I’d be blubbering all over myself and what kind of impression would that make on SJP?! She’d look sympathetic and whisper to her fellow front row seatmate, “Oh, that poor girl – it was just too much for her”. (because she's nice like that.) And my one chance meeting with her would be ruined. And then I would never be invited to make a cameo in SATC3: The Redemption (that’s what I think the next title should be. As an aside: I tried to watch the movie again and I still can’t bring myself to love it. However, I can appreciate the silliness of it now, but I still think the girls and MPK are capable of so much more!). Andre Leon Talley would say “Dreck! My girl, dreck!” (which would make me sob even harder). But then he might take pity on me, hand me an LV monogrammed hankie, take me under his (ostrich feather) wing and say “ Sweetheart, it’s all about poise. Now, dry your eyes, stretch your columna vertebraa and put on this Dior-esque cape! Allon-sy!!! ” And like a phoenix from the ashes, I’d rise again. Ahhh…

No comments:

Post a Comment