Sunday, September 19, 2010

What not to wear...at the spa.

So last Friday evening I met up with my sisters (well, sister and sisters-in-law) for our very first "Sister Spa Evening" at Urban Oasis. We have all been friends for SO long -I'm talkin almost 20 years - (Of course I've known my own sister for longer...) but have never had a spa day! STRANGE! So...the 4 of us met at the mall for some pre-spa eats and a bit of gigglin and gossipin, then made our way over to the spa. We changed into our suits and went into the warm mineral pool...which unfortunately was cooler than it was supposed to be. We complained to one of the spa girls who said they were aware of the problem but couldn't do anything about it. BOO. Damn! It's always...something.

 This reminded me of when just Belin and I went for our luxury pedi's. We went early so that we could take advantage of the mineral pool (and snacks!) before our actual pedi's. Sitting in the pool was so relaxing... Relaxing, that is, until Belin was trying to tell me a story, but couldn't continue...She was looking at something behind me and I was like "What the heck is going on?" She was all "No way. As if!!" I was like, "What's happening!?" But not wanting to call attention, I didn't turn around...plus I was pretty sure it wasn't something I wanted to see, judging by Belin's disgusted face. But it was like a car accident she couldn't turn away from. Finally, she said "OMG. He IS wearing a bwiep". I said "Shut up. ARE YOU SERIOUS?" (BTW, a bwiep = brief. As in boxer brief. As in NOT swimming trunks.) We looked at each other and...BA HAA HA HAHA!! We howled with laughter. We couldn't help it. I mean, come on! The guy, who we decided we were going to call "Erwin", was with his wife and I was like "As if she didn't advise him!! Who wears bwiep to the spa?" Seriously, after taking the obligatory shower before getting into the pool, his bwiep was just hangin there all soggy and sad... I mean, they weren't even boxers! Boxers could probably pass.( But barely.) Anyways, we tried to go on with our conversation, but we couldn't stop giggling!!! BA HA HAHA HA!!

I snapped back from my reverie, when I realized I was giggling out loud and the girls were asking what was so funny. I re-told the story, which had us howling again! Anyways...despite the cool mineral pool, we managed to warm up in one of the working hot tubs and the steam room. We got some fabulous pedi's, some good snacks (including non-healthy cookies) and of course some great laughs!


Even if there was no guy wearing bwieps this time.

PS. If your name is Erwin, I apologize. He just looked like an "Erwin".lol

No comments:

Post a Comment