Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You say potato, I say potahto...

So it seems this week is pretty much the first full week of returning fall shows. This is not going to be good for my couch potahto butt. Last night alone, I watched 5 shows that I had to time perfectly and was only able to watch all of them because of a wonderful little invention called the PVR.

Anyways, we got home a little bit later and I was able to catch the last part of Gok’s Fashion Fix (I love, love, LOVE this show. How come I never knew about it before?! I am so inspired by his “high street” fashion fixes! Also, Alexa Chung is so cute.) Then we watched Gossip Girl. Like I said, anything to do with New York? LOVE IT. (I SO wish I was Blair Waldorf.) The best part of Gossip Girl though, is the recap that they do in NYmag the following day.  My friends! You need to watch this show if only to read the recap! Next we watched How I Met Your Mother. Also set in New York, but a different kind of NY life. There are tons of shows set in New York and life is depicted in so many different ways. Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Sex & The City, How to Make it in America, Friends, CSI:NY and Law & Order: SVU all tell a story about the the different types of people and the lives they lead, all in the same city. I find it completely fascinating. Isn’t it interesting to think that Barney Stinson and Joey Tribiani might compete to pick up Samantha Jones? Or that the NY CSI’s might be assessing a crime scene that the SVU is investigating? Or that Charlotte York might be attending a luncheon with Lily Van Der Woodsen? Or Carrie might bump into Blair and Serena shopping at Barney's? Or Monica & Chandler meeting Marshall & Lily at their kids’ school? It’s crazy, but when you think about it, it’s pretty cool too! All of these people’s lives intersecting...

Anyways, after that we watched Dancing with the Stars. This season looks like it’s a pretty good mix and a lot of the celebrities have the potential to make it an interesting competition. And now...my thoughts about this season's DWTS: Audrina was good (though perhaps thinking too much) while Kurt Warner not as good as the marks the judges surprisingly gave. I was pleasantly surprised at how graceful Rick Fox was and how energetic Kyle Massey (of Cory in the House) was! I thought Brandy was aight and she was obviously very excited about being part of DWTS and Jennifer Gray was quite good – and I’m pretty sure she will have to dance “I’ve Had the Time of My Life” sometime this season – including the “lift”! I can’t bring myself to watch Jersey Shore (though everyone I know is absolutely OBSESSED with the show) but I know the fans are probably really enjoying “The Situation’s” dancing. (I also think it’s pretty hilare that they put “The Situation & Karina” instead of his name, when they show the number for calling to vote). Some dancers I don't care for as much are: Michael Bolton (who thankfully is not sporting a mullet), Florence H. (who lifted her shirt, the same way “The Situation” does and now, my husband has that image forever imprinted in his mind. LOL), the Hoff (nuff said), and Bristol Palin (though I’m sure she will get better). I personally think Margaret Cho will be the first one kicked off, though perhaps she needs one more chance to show whether she actually has the potential to do a dance without any corny gimmicks. This of course is all my opinion and is subject to change throughout the competition…
After this, we watched Top Chef: Washington, D.C. (and yay! Eric Ripert!). Whew! A full night of TV!

So tonight I’m lookin forward to Glee’s Season 2 Premiere. The rest of my week is also packed: on Wednesday it’s ANTM and Modern Family. Thursday is Big Bang Theory and Grey’s Anatomy. (No shows on Friday and Saturday -Thank goodness I have a couple days off!) Then Sunday is Desperate Housewives and Amazing Race!! Yes, friends, I’m booked all week now. These are even just my regular shows. I am not even going to think about giving any new shows a chance!

Anyhoo…I suppose I can’t be sitting watching TV all the time… Thank goodness for the PVR. I seriously don’t know what we ever did before this. My life was obviously incomplete. So what shows make your life complete? Let me know. I think I might still have some room in my couch potahto schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment