Thursday, September 23, 2010

No, no, I insist!

I totally insist upon myself. But for some reason, I can’t stand other people who insist upon themselves. I don’t really know why I feel this way, but I’m thinking it’s because it’s like magnets. Opposites attract and 2 negatives don’t make a positive. Or something like that. I like to think of it as because I know I insist upon myself, it’s okay, whereas OTHER people who insist upon themselves, just insist upon themselves and are unaware they are insisting upon themselves, which makes it annoying. Know what I mean?
Anyways…I got the line “I insist upon myself” from Family Guy. (Yes, Family Guy. That show is fricken hilarious.) Peter says it when he’s talking about The Godfather II and how he doesn’t care for it because he thinks “it insists upon itself”. The meaning of this line is actually in the Urban Dictionary. It means: “Something most think is profound, but in reality is pretentious and ostentatious.” (Which is SO me! LOL)

Yes, I think about this kind of stuff all the time.

I feel like if I was in a movie, much as I’d LOVE to be the heroine (ie. girl hero – not the drug) I would probably be the villain. For example, in a movie like “Mean Girls” I would SO be the mean girl! And it’s not that I’m so mean in real life (or maybe I am?), I just think that to be “the good guy” or the heroine, you have to be REALLY good. Like with a heart of gold and all that crap, and I just don’t think I could live up to that!! Therefore, it’s easier to insist upon myself and expect others to have to deal with me.

And there you have my thought for the day. You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment