Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GLeecap? Not this week.

By now you must be used to my weekly Glee recaps where I'm gushing about how much I love this show and how I think its the greatest and how I can't live without it, etc...It was starting to border on obsessive and a wee bit compulsive. Plus you don't want to read about my praising each song arrangement or duet that happens to make its way on this gem of a show! So... I thought that perhaps this time I would give you a break on that. Plus, I wasn't able to watch it last night.

However, I did PVR it..and I watched it tonight.

But...since I said that I would give you a break on my Glee diatribes, I'm not going to talk about how wonderful this show is. I'm not going to discuss the mind-blasting presence of NPH and how AWESOME his duets with Mr. Schu were on "Piano Man" and "Dream On" (made even better by the fact that they were auditioning for Les Mis!) I won't mention how glorious that whole dance number was (viewed at some points a la "cell phone" camera, in the style of those surprise mass dance numbers in train stations) when Artie sang "Safety Dance" and how happy/sad it made me. There will be no discussion on much my heart broke on the part where Artie was singing "Dream a Little Dream of Me" and Quinn reached out to touch his shoulder because she could feel how sad he was that he couldn't be the one dancing with Tina. And most of all, my lips are sealed about how I unashamedly started bawling when Shelby brilliantly sang "I Dreamed a Dream" as a duet with Rachel because I was so moved by the music, the words and the feelings behind the words. I won't even say they out-do themselves on this show every week. No sir. I will spare you all of that because I think it's getting to be just a bit much.

So, what the heck am I going to talk about then? I dunno.

I guess I will go back to writing my Gleecaps next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment