Friday, May 14, 2010

Total ECLIPSE of the Heart - “Turn around, bright eyes…”

Did you know that Eclipse was featured on Oprah yesterday? Well, one of my girlfriends at work mentioned that the cast of Eclipse would be on sometime because she saw the commercial, but she didn’t know when. Then my sister-in-law Carol texted me and told me they were on Oprah today (which was yesterday). I was resigned to the fact that I would be missing it since I wouldn’t be home on time and I didn’t PVR it either. So, I didn’t think anymore about it…(as it would just depress me even more). Anyways…last night I happened to still be up at 1:00am, flipping channels when I happened upon…Oprah!!! I only caught the last ½ hour of the show, but I was so happy/excited to see anything about Eclipse that it didn't matter! I can’t wait for it to come out!! (And oh, Edward, how I’ve missed you!!!) Okay, so as I was watching, there was a clip on “Twi-moms” which I thought was cute and sad/pathetic at the same time… (it’s because I always judge “everyone else” as either 1) not enough of a fan ie. "I’m a BIGGER and BETTER fan than you are!" or 2) too much of a crazy, obsessed, sad/pathetic, “don’t they have anything better to do with their lives?” fan. I know, I’m so mean.)

So anyways…as I was judging these Twi-moms as the latter types of fans (really? Twilight red-carpet parties?!), I realized, that wait a minute – I am just as obsessed as they are!!! And possibly, (though I hate to admit it) maybe THEY were even bigger and better fans than I was – I mean, they had chocolate covered strawberries (white choco for Edward obvi, and dark choco for Jacob), t-shirts and other crap, AND a life-size, cardboard cut-out of Edward! I don’t have a life-size cardboard cut-out of Edward! I SO need a life-size cardboard cut-out of Edward! (I think I saw one at the mall. I hope it’s still there. I have to buy it!! I too am a TRUE FAN, y'know.)
So today, as I was discussing the life-size cardboard cut-out of Edward with Carol, she asked me a very important question: If/When I got it, where would I put it ?
Let’s see…the front room would be good, so he could just be waiting for me when I got home. (“Edward! I’m home!” “Welcome home, my little lamb.”)
Or… the living room, so we could watch TV together – I’m sure he would enjoy Glee AND Gossip Girl (but we wouldn't watch Vampire Diaries).
Or… the best and most obvious place – my room, right beside my bed. So he could watch me sleep (fluttery eyes).

Although perhaps my husband wouldn’t be as down with that idea…

1 comment:

  1. LOL the last part of this post made me laugh.

    Anyway, I googled lee's fab life and all that was coming up was "Fabulous Life of Kimora Lee". Can you believe that? I think we should get your site's popularity to surpass her's, so I can find your blog more easily. That, plus more $$$ on advertisement deals! Let me know if you need advice from this social media enthusiast lol

    ReplyDelete