Monday, May 24, 2010

Time never goes this fast when I'm at work.

I love long weekends. Don't you? It's a good feeling knowing you don't have to go to work the next day! The actual day off seems to go pretty quickly. Like today we got up around 8:30am, which is not really sleeping in, but later than normal. We had a nice leisurely breakfast and I actually watched the Early Show. The Backstreet Boys were performing on 5th Avenue in New York (part of the Early Show's Summer Concert Series). Well I'm glad I caught that since I'm not going to the concert because NO ONE WANTS TO GO WITH ME. (ahem.) Anyways, we also started to watch a re-run of Three's Company, but my husband happened to find the Incredible Hulk movie (with Edward Norton as David Banner) on the movie channel, so we ended up watching that. It was actually not bad, though I laughed out loud when "the Hulk" after being shot at with bazookas, machine guns, tanks, etc...and not feeling anything, rubbed his head in pain after he accidently bumped it on the roof of a cave when he got startled. What? Anyways...then we spent the rest of the afternoon watching a grilling marathon on the Food Network. Now I'm craving grilled pineapple. Before I knew it, it was 5:30pm and I figured I should get out of my pj's. So I vacuumed, showered, made spaghetti for dinner, watched the How I Met Your Mother season finale, marinated meat for dinner tomorrow and now I'm sitting here typing this out. And it's almost 10:00pm! What the deuce? Where does the time go?

I guess that "good feeling" of knowing you don't have to work the next day only lasts until...you have to work the next day. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment