Monday, May 10, 2010

You're getting sleepy.....sleepier....sleepier...zzzzzzzz....

So for some reason, I've been just a wee bit narcoleptic lately. Usually I'm only sleepy after I eat lunch...and in the afternoon (between 2:30-3:30)...and I've been known to fall asleep on the bus after work...But lately it's been more often! For example, on Friday I was watching some movies with a few of my girlfriends and I seriously totally fell asleep...I heard myself snore, but thought it was part of the movie. I thought to myself "Hm...why is there snoring in this movie?" until I did it again! Then I shot up and said "Did I just SNORE?!" Their giggles answered my question. (I'm so ashem.)  I mean, one minute I'm making sarcastic comments and the next minute I'm out like a light! One of them suggested I eat some gummies (for the sugar) and it helped...I was able to finish the first movie (We were watching "Leap Year", btw. I didn't love it. Though I tried to because I like Matthew Goode ("It's all very Brideshead Revisited"), though he had an awful, patchy beard in this movie which we all agreed he should have shaved and which probably would have improved the movie considerably.) We started the next movie, "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus", which would prove to be too weird and confusing for me to stay awake. I would wake up at some parts so I kind of knew what the basic premise of the story was, but really I was just SO sleepy! In my defense, we had just eaten some delicious pizza AND we were sitting in comfy theatre style recliners AND I was all snug as a bug in a rug bundled up in a blanket! So you see...there was no way I was going to be able to stay awake with those odds stacked against me!

So what could it be?

Perhaps it's my sleeping habits? I don't actually go to sleep before 1:00am every night (darn those soap operas!!) and this weekend I never slept before 2:30am...and I didn't have my usual Sunday nap. Maybe it's the weather? These dull and dreary gray skies make me just want to curl up on the couch and pass out. Well, whatever it is, I am going to have to try and stay awake. I'm going to hurt myself with all the sharp head-bobbing I'm doing!

Seriously, I'm surprised I was able to stay up long enough to finish this pos.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

No comments:

Post a Comment