Friday, March 5, 2010

He's always in a compromising position

Compromise (courtesy of Dictionary.com)
//com·pro·mise//  [kom-pruh-mahyz] 
noun, verb,-mised, -mis·ing.
noun: a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.
verb: to settle by a compromise.

My marriage is full of compromise.

For example...
After work today I wanted to go to a housewares store to look for stuff. My husband said that he wanted to drop his shirts off to get drycleaned so I would have to meet him at the mall on the other side of the city. I didn't want to, so he decided to leave his dry cleaning at home and agreed to go to the housewares store with me instead. He compromised.

The other day he wanted me to pick up some windshield washer fluid, but I was on the other side of the mall, so he just picked some up at the gas station instead. He compromised.

Yesterday he wanted to have hot dogs for dinner, but I wanted something more substantial. So we went out for Chinese food instead. He compromised.

The real definition of compromise = my way.
It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment