Thursday, March 4, 2010

If only I didn't have to worry about my hair...

I'm on the ball today! I've started about 4 different things and am simultaneously working on them all at the same time. (How redundant! Why thank you!)

I used to be a procrastinator. Like, when I was in high school, and there was a major test or something, I needed to have optimal studying conditions. ie. my room had to be spotless, desk clear, bed made and of course, good hair. (Yes, my life seems to be driven by whether my hair is cooperating with me). So, I pretty much could not get started on the actual "studying" until everything was in its place. I told myself that a "clear mind, starts with a clean room". By the time all my "organizing" was done, it was about 10:00 at night. So as I got down to "studying" I would find that I needed a drink or a snack, to y'know, keep me going. Once that was done and I settled into it, I would finally (finally!) start studying...for about 1/2 hour, 45 minutes. Then I would start to get sleepy...so I would say to myself, "I'm going to wake up early and study!" I figured, I needed a good nights sleep to be alert for the test anyways. No point in knowing the answers if I was going to fall asleep during the test right?! So I would go to sleep telling myself that I would wake up at 5:00am on the dot, fresh and ready to study...
5:00am: I'll just hit the snooze button. What's 9 minutes?
5:09am: Darn, already? Okay, just one more time. No, 2 more times. I will wake up at 5:30.
5:27am: oh, 3 more minutes to 5:30. I'll just turn down the alarm, because I am waking up in 3 minutes anyways...zzzzzz.
7:45am: What?! It's fricken 7:45! Why didn't my alarm go off?! Crap. I will study when I get to school, my test is not till 9:30 anyways.
8:40am-9:00am: Get to school, see my friends, check my hair...okay. Ready to study...
9:00am-9:18am: Frantically reading notes
9:18am-9:29am: Give up. If I don't know it already, I will never know it....

And so went my high school life.

Good thing I'm not like that anymore! Okay. Gotta go, I have some work to do! I just need to get some coffee...and check my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment