Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm a cheap drunk.

So I'm trying to learn something new. You know when you get older, its much harder to learn things. Actually, its even harder to retain the new things you've learned. Case in point, I don't know how many times I've tried to teach my mom "Chopsticks" on the piano. She can never seem to remember which keys to start at.

Anyways, so what I want to learn now is... how to drink and appreciate wine.White wine, red wine, blush - it doesn't matter. I know it sounds dumb. But seriously, I would like to be able to order it at a restaurant, or enjoy a glass of it, after a long day at work, relaxing at home by the fire. (well, not necessarily by the fire, although, wouldn't that be nice and romantic? Yeah, I know its a cliché. I'm just saying.) Anyways, I feel kind of nerdy sometimes, ordering a 7-up when everyone else has a glass of wine. I mean, I don't like to drink that much in the first place. Though, if it's something that doesn't taste alcoholic, I can totally enjoy much more of it - Like, the bellini at Moxie's or Joey's or even my fave drink "Raspberry Sour Puss & 7" (2 capfuls are good enough for me! LOL). I can only really drink things that don't have that "alcohol-y taste". I'll tell you why. Do any of you remember Grower's? You know, that cooler that came in the green bottle with the pretty labels of fruit and delicious names? Yeah. That used to be our drink of choice. Grower's Orchard Berry or  Summer Pear or Sweet Peach (I don't really remember if those are the actual names, but it sounds nice). Anyhoo...I can still taste it (or rather remember the taste... Ew.) After the "Grower's Episode" of 1997, that was seriously the end of my drinking career. I can't even look at the label anymore. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about it. Ew.) Anyways...now that I'm older and more mature, I would like to be able to order an "adult" drink. I believe wine would fulfill that requirement. (I think a martini is too much. I tried to drink a flavored martini once, I think it was a lychee martini. It took me the whole night to drink it! Actually, I'm lying, I took 2 sips and gave it to my husband). So, I figured I would start slow. I'm drinking wine spritzers now. It's coming along. Soon I think I will be able to add the wine.

7-up doesn't go with red does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment